The Office of Institutional Research at St. Mary’s College of Maryland is the source for official institutional information and contributes to the high standard of excellence through supporting College goals by providing timely information to assist with planning, 决策, 和报告.
The Office of Institutional Research is dedicated to data transparency, a core tenant of data science. We believe that data collection methods should be shared and open to scrutiny, and that results of data collection and research should be shared with campus constituents and, 在适当的时候, 公众人士. In support of data transparency, the Office of Institutional Research is committed to providing timely, 准确的, and comprehensive data, and to fully disclosing institutional data to the extent allowed under relevant privacy laws (e.g. FERPA) and will not suppress or manipulate data at the request of any individual or office.
- Provide research and analysis to support College information-based planning and 决策.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret institutional data on students, faculty, and 工作人员 members.
- Coordinate internal and external requests for institutional information.
- Oversee routine and non-routine reporting and requests from state, 联邦, and other external agencies.
- Develop a research agenda to support the needs of the institution.
Student 学习 Assessment
Assessment of student learning is a collaborative effort between the faculty, 工作人员, 教务长办公室, and the Office of Institutional Research. 点击 在这里 to see Institutional 学习 Outcomes. Contact Katy Arnett, Coordinator of Transparent Teaching and Assessment, at email@example.com for more information.
The release of requested information is a shared responsibility between the offices of institutional research 和报告, 注册主任, and the requesting office or department.